Thursday, February 26, 2009

Be still and know

See in this picture I am being so quiet and still as I watch Kennedy take a very loooooooooooooooooong time painting a teeny, tiny bear! It was very hard for me, but prayers are answered and she finally said "mommy do this for my I am tired!" YEAH!

Ok may I start off by saying I am not still. My day begins at 6:00 am and ends usually around 11:00-11:30 pm. I also like to talk. Hmmm...it's true. What can I say, it's a gift. Now I can be still and quiet if I am truly focused on something, but I do my best work under pressure, right down to the wire.
Sooo....where is this all leading to? Sitting still, being quiet and listening to God. I have shared before that I have been blessed to hear His voice audibly and in my heart. I have also had visions in my dreams. So that kind of makes me feel special and I thinketh to myself that when I ask God about something He is going to speak or give me the answer I am looking for right then and there. Hmmmm..not so fast grasshopper. Any Christian knows that He will speak, show up do whatever He wants in His perfect time.
Anyway I was beginning to feel a little neglected. I wasn't mad or upset at God just tired of waiting for an answer to a question I had asked what seems forever ago.
So today at lunch it was nice and warm out so I got in my car, parked and sat there and was still and quiet. Guess what happened? That's right,He spoke to my heart and answered me! You may ask "are you sure it is Him?" Of course I'm sure! If I had known the answer I wouldn't have asked and I could have never come up with the answer He gave me! Which was incredibly wonderful and oh so simple.
I think I am really going to start practicing the be still and quiet thing. I will only do this when I am alone because when ever I get quiet in front of friends and family they think something is wrong or I am sick....go figure

No comments: