Wednesday, April 15, 2009

When I grow up...




I was born old and grew young. My family situation was not a good one so being the oldest of five girls I stepped into the mother role early. There really wasn't a childhood to speak of. No birthday parties, no friends over, fear. With all that said I still loved and respected my parents. That is why I find it very frustrating when I see kids and even adults who do not appreciate and respect their parents. May I make a suggestion? Love them and let them know it. When they are gone you will regret it if you don't. My mom and dad died when I was in my early 30's four years apart. As bad as our life was growing up I wish they were here so they could see that we survived, and our lives are good. That from each of them we received a gift/talent, that we are still close and we are strong women. I would tell them that I know their childhood sucked and that they were hurting and had no one to turn to like parents and kids do now. I would tell them not to feel bad all was forgiven a long time ago. So if you are blessed to have your parents around let them know you love them!
Now back to when I grow up. As the years go by I find myself growing younger.I don't fell my age and I sure don't act it! The more I trust God the more I want to enjoy every single minute of it. I don't want to miss one single opportunity He lays before me and through it all I want to glorify Him.
So when I grow up I want to be everything God wants me to be!

No comments: