Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers


Kennedy just makes herself comfortable wherever she likes!

Lots of stuff going on.
I am so excited! We have been working on a new website for Hug Away and it is up and running. It still needs some tweaking so go take a looky at www.hugaway.org
I have a meeting in Dallas on Monday and my husband made plans to take me and the girls for the whole weekend! Good times with family and good friends! I can't wait.
This week I have really been trying hard not to focus on the "adoption"; issue, thing, dilema I am not sure what I would call it, anyway I know it is only Wednesday but yesterday (2 days into my not focusing) the little girl that reminded me of Cameron came to my heart. I emailed the lady at the agency and asked about her and she said she was still available. That just broke my heart. She is so precious. I am praying that when God finds her family they will "know." That is what happened with our Cameron. There is a lot to her story that I won't share because it is her story and she deserves her privacy but it is a miracle that after a long journey God chose us to be her family and we knew she was or daughter and for that I will forever be humbled and grateful.
Sometimes I will see parents dumping their childs very private story out there for the whole world to see without thinking that maybe one day when they have a voice they may not appreciate it very much. A child's story can be told without sharing every little detail.
I know a lot of families that are in the adoption process right now, so if you would when you are praying please not only pray for the children who are waiting for a family but also for the families who are waiting for their children. I know they would appreciate it. Also pray for the boys who wait. There is a saying that adoption agencies and orphanages have, Families wait for girls and boys wait for families. Sad but true.

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life.
But those who make their journey home across time & miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them,
are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us
by God's very own hands.
--- Kristi Larson

No comments: