Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Soap Box

I am going to get on my soap box for a bit. That is the great thing about a blog. It is my blog and I can do that! I have several things I want to touch on.
1. How many kids someone should have. Someone asked me the other day if we were through adopting. Why? Do they think I am to old to adopt more kids? Do they think we have enough kids? Are we living in a nation that has a quota? It just irks me when people are so rude! It is none of their business. Do I ask them why do you have only one kid, two kids, three kids? No. It is none of my business. That is a personal choice. I just don't understand why people feel they have that sense of entitlement. As long as we are able to love and take care of these precious gifts, don't worry about it, ok?
2. Whiners. I am not talking about those who really have problems. I mean those people who don't look past their own little world and think they have it so bad. Never thinking of the women and children of the world who are being bought and sold for sex, who are abused and starving. Or young boys who are taught to hate at a young age. Those who have not heard about God. These people have no hope. none. I have one thing to say to whiners... put on your big girl panties and suck it up!
3. Susan Sarandon is leaving the country if McCain is voted as our next president. Who cares! Was this really news worthy? All I can say to Susan is BYE and take all your Hollywood whining friends with you! I have a son who is going to fight for your right and many others have died so you can say stupid things like that. So go and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
4. Don't even get me going on poor Rachel Ray getting grief for wearing a scarf that might offend some religion. As far as I am concerned people offend my beliefs everyday and if we make a stink about it we get harassed because we may offend someone else ! Good grief, what happened with agree to disagree and leave it at that? Well again my blog so if I offend someone...oops!
I believe Jesus Christ was born to a virgin, He died on the cross for our sin's and He rose again! I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I did not evolve from an ape! True some mornings I wake up and might look like it...
I forgive people who make me mad or offend me. And I don't dislike someone because they don't think exactly like I do. That is one of the many great things about Jesus. He gives me that ability. He also gives me the ability to be a mom 6 times (more if He chooses that for our lives) turn the other cheek, look past my own world and pray for others.
Oh and by the way, I am not whining. I shared my thoughts and beliefs and am moving on.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good for you! Bye Susan...you won't be missed. Adopt all the darlings you want! Praise God there are people who are willing and able to help others have a better life. You go girl.

By the way, I have a shirt that says. Put your big girl panties on and deal with it! I love it!