Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good time, Sad times, Grateful moments

Friday the 13th was a day of mixed feelings. It was the beginning of Vietnam Weekend, which was so much fun. Then I got a job! I can walk to my job, so this is an answer to prayer.
But on a sad note, Tim Russert died. If you don't know who he is, you would have to be living under a rock. He was a great journalist and lead Meet the Press for years. I thought he was just a good guy. I loved watching and listening to him. He died at work from a heart attack and was 58 years old.
Later that night, my friend Susan lost her battle with cancer. She was only 55 years old and had of all things, tongue cancer. Never smoked or anything of the sort. It was tough. But as her husband stated when he let our church know of her death, she never complained or asked "why me?" That was Susan. Quiet, humble just a very good person. I admired her and she will be missed. A year ago February I lost a friend to cancer, I believe he was 50. Last month Maria Chapman went home to be with the Lord at the age of 5. Last week 2 little girls, best friend 11 & 13 were shot to death while taking a walk down a road by their house.
Why do I share this with you? Because I want you to live life to it's fullest! We never know when our time will come. If you love someone, tell them! If someone needs you, help them! Mend relationships if you need to. Love one another, respect one another, help those who need it, be grateful for what you have and if possible share it. Remember the saying a few years back? What would Jesus do?" Do that. Before you act, think of W.W.J.D.? You can't go wrong.
I am sad but at the same time very grateful that God allowed me the honor to know these friends who have gone to be with Him. It doesn't matter if I knew them in person or through the T.V. each of them at some point impacted my life. My two friends Hub and Susan never asked us why we were adopting again. They embraced it and supported us. They got it. I don't think I ever told them how much that meant to me. More than silver or gold. None of the...are you kidding? Are you nuts? Don't you think you have enough? Not from Hub and Susan. Just a genuine smile and a hug. It didn't cost them a thing, but was priceless to me. Think about it.

No comments: