Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Puzzle

Today I had lunch with a very good friend of mine. We me last year when she was interviewing me for job. It was one of those times when you just click with someone.
During the interview we talked like we had known each other for years. I got the job. She is much younger than I am but I admire her maturity, her work ethic, her honesty and she is kind. Unfortunately I was only able to work their a few months. It was a long drive and gas prices were high. But we believe God brought us together for another reason.
From the moment she found out we had adopted she had lots of questions. She told me her husband was adopted and one day they hoped to adopt. Right now she is dealing with infertility and is going through the grieving process. But as soon as they are ready her and her husband want to start the adotion process so we spent almost 2 hours talking about adoption.
When we were getting ready to leave she said "you know Elaine, I think this is why God brought us together, He knew I would need you in my life."
Isn't it amazing how God brings these moments together? It is like a puzzle. Sometimes it takes a while to fit in all the pieces, but once it is all put together and you look at the picture all those small interlocking pieces made you realize the patience and time it took was worth it. Gods timing is always perfect.
I felt bad when I had to leave that job mainly because I thought I would lose my new friend. But God had another plan all along and as usual it was worth it!


Kennedy and her nanny in Vietnam the day I met her.

No comments: