Saturday, September 5, 2009

Eyes on Him and a step of Faith

Aunt Kennedy with her neice Amiya

Ok, if you ever read this blog at all you know that I have a heart for adoption and orphans. My husband and I would adopt again in a heartbeat if that is every Gods plan of our family again. Not having enough money or a bigger house or a newer car has ever stopped us when God has called us to adopt. Once He confirmed it in our hearts it was a step of faith. We knew without a doubt He would provide.
Many times when I have seen the face of a precious child I just knew we were meant to adopt them. But more times than not, no matter how hard I would fight it God would show me that this was my "mommy hearts desire", not Him. Not that there is anything wrong with a "mommy's heart's desire" but we desire to do what He has asked us to do not what I want to do.
I can honestly say that our daughters adoptions were put on our hearts with perfect peace. Not always sure how it would happen, just knowing without a doubt that God has called us to adopt and He would make it happen. Will He ever call us to adopt again? I have no idea. But if He does we will know.
When God placed Hug Away on my heart I knew without a doubt it was Him, not me. BUT here is the deal, I was passionate for sure and I just knew that we would have enough donors and raise enough money to help any family who applied with a grant.
I mean after all, who would not be passionate about helping children come home to their forever family or an orphan in need? Yes sir, God gave me a mission and I took it on! It went great the first year, but this last year except for the one fundraiser (which was awesome!) not so much.
I could not figure out what had happened, So...after some much needed quiet time and prayer God gave me the answer to my question. I had taken the focus off of Him and my need for Him and was relying on myself. Ouch. Well I did ask.
God and I have this great relationship. I am sure there are times He shakes His head at me, hangs His head and says "what is she doing?" If He has gray hair I probably contributed to most of it and If God has headaches, well I know I have caused many of them! But even when I have taken my eyes off of Him and could not figure out why we were not receiving donations and I wanted to call it quits with the foundation, He was still faithful to me. He did not allow me to throw in the towel and call it quits. He knows my heart. He has been dealing with me for years and He knew that sooner or later I would be still long enough to hear Him.
We need to know God personally. When we take the time to get to know His word, His voice and His desire for our life and not take our focus off of Him, it all works out.
So if God has called you to adopt and you are thinking "where is the money going to come from?" take that step of faith. If God has called you to missions, the ministry, to start up a business, to make a difference, step out in faith and keep your eyes on Him and it will happen just like He planned.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-12

No comments: