Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Letting things go

Ahhh...to be so wise. Well, I am not sure wise is the right word, let's just say that I am more prone to "aha moments." I have come to the conclusion that I have way to much on my plate.
I love everything I do, but I now have way to much to do and I need to let some things go. That is the hard part. How do you decide?
Someone once told me that if you want to succeed and be happy at what you do then pick something you are passionate about. I am passionate about orphans and adoption. If I had my wish, I would quit my job and focus on Hug Away and make it what I know it could be. But unless the money fairy drops $15,000 in my bank account that is not going to happen anytime soon. I have so many dreams for the foundation. I want to do everything in my power to help those children who will never be adopted and to help families who choose to adopt. I want to get the word out and educate anyone and everyone about adoption and orphans.
But the reality is it would take a miracle for this to happen. I need to pray and see where God leads me. He hasn't failed me yet.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Elaine-
I've been following your blog for a few weeks now, and today I must comment. I feel so bad that you feel overwhelmed, especially about something that you are so passionate about and something that is such a wonderful blessing to both adoptive parents and the orphaned children.
I would like to be able to help the HugAway Foundation. I know Mike previously invited me to be involved with the foundation and I had to decline due to previous obligations, but those obligations are over now. Whether serving on the board, or just doing some footwork/organization type stuff for the foundation, please let me help you...it would be my pleasure!

Rhonda Fisher
AutoZone Jarad's wife