Monday, June 1, 2009

A good place to be

Pictures I love


Jordan wishing mom would put the camera down!

Dustin getting ready to do his last run at boot camp (he is in the middle.

On our way to Korea!

Cody and Kennedy having a good time

Dad & Cody

Kennedy getting hugs from bubba Michael

Cameron's baptism

Cameron happy to see Dustin at graduation

Cameron & Daddy

Our grandbabies

The men of our family

Our baby girls

We are blessed!


I am so glad May is over. It was not a very good month at all, except for Dustin's birthday , but he is serving our country in another country so...But on to a brand new month.
I believe that everyone comes to a point in their life when things just come together. Life, relationships,the mistakes you have made, where you have come from and where you are going all begins to make sense. I am 54 years old and I am there.
It is a good place to be.
It may sound silly but I had my light bulb moment yesterday when my husband said something that really hurt my feelings and also made me mad. Normally I would argue with him and let him know what I thought and why I thought it and on and on. But I didn't say a word. I am not usually one to give the silent treatment and that is not why I chose to be quiet. I knew that if I opened my mouth I would start spewing and it just wasn't worth it. I still think what he said was wrong but that is for him to figure out.
I have also realized I can't fix the problems of everyone I care for, I need to have some time for myself, that even though I would adopt every child that needed a family I can't, that time is precious, that when we lose someone we care for life does go on and most important my walk with God only gets better with every breath I take.
He has loved me through some very bad times even before I asked Him into my heart. He gave me this life and the choice to be everything He put me on this earth to be.
Now I do need to work on patience. And that will happen, but one day at a time my friend, one day at a time.

No comments: