Saturday, August 30, 2008

One year later




One year ago this weekend I prepared to say good bye to my youngest son Dustin. He was preparing to go to Marine boot camp. The day after Labor Day we took Dustin to his recruiters office, said good bye and left. It was hard. Exactly one year later we went to the airport too pick up Dustin and bring him home for Labor Day. A lot has changed in one year. The young boy we left at the recruiters office a year ago is now a man. He is a Marine. He is still our crazy Dustin who loves his family and loves to have fun! Today I hear his cd's playing way to loud in his old room and I realize how much I have missed that! Hmm...now for the mess in the room not so much! So for a few days my Marine is home and all is right with the world.









No comments: