Friday, March 28, 2008

She is ours forever!


Today our sweet girls adoption was finalized. Kennedy Grace is officially ours. There were some hiccups through this part of the process, but it all worked out. Thank you God! I can not believe Kennedy has been home 14 months. It seems like she has been with us forever. She is bright, funny, loving. We are so blessed. There is no way I can express how grateful I am. When she came home she was 2 1/2 years old, could not speak english, she had never celebrated a birthday or Christmas. Everything was shared at the orphanage... toys, food, clothes. I remember when we brought her some toys, she played with them and then looked at us like what now? It took a little bit but she finally understood those were her toys. The same with food. I think besides speaking better than most kids her age that were born and raised here, the most amazing thing she has done is swim. She had never been in a pool or tub. She was basically hosed off for a bath. Her first time in the pool she went under and could swim! She went off a slide, went under, popped up and dog paddled to us (she had on water wings and we are always with her.) Oh and she had a terrible fear of dogs, guess she has worked through that. Brody is her buddy. In the words of Ty Pennington...Welcome home baby girl, welcome home.
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:23

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations Elaine! We finally finalized, too. Yahoo!

Just Wedeminute said...

Elaine we are so happy for you! I remember this moment and it's one of the BEST feelings in the world!!!