Tuesday, September 18, 2007

God is God

"and I am not. I can only see a glimpse of the picture He is painting."These are some words to one of my favorite songs by Steven Curtis Chapman. Pretty much brings me back to reality. Ex specially when I am trying to take control from Him. So the last eight hours have been for lack of a better word ''AWESOME!"
Last night at yet again 2:00 am I woke up and could not go back to sleep. I turned on the TV and there was the 700 Club. I like this show. Yes I am a Baptist but I look for the truth. Te be honest I have no clue what denomination the 700 club is but they do speak a lot of truth. Last night taught about faith. Faith is a gift. There are lots of Christian's out there without faith. When you believe and you have faith you can move mountains. It was a very good lesson and yet again through scripture God affirmed I am doing what I am suppose to do. The show goes off and I still can not sleep. I open up a journal I have and when I opened it up there was a little card with Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Confirmation. I open up the drawer to my nightstand and there were a stack of little cards with bible verse on them. I pick them up and the first one I see is exactly the same as the one in my journal. coincidence? I think not. I came in to work this morning and the first phone call I receive was from a wonderful adoptive mom wishing me the best on my new journey. She was so supportive. Again confirmation.
When we are stepping out in faith we need these signs to help us along. To confirm this is what we are to do. I hope my faith is always as strong as it is at this moment.

No comments: