Sunday, September 30, 2007

Faith is hard! But it is worth it!

Man who ever said being faithful was easy apparently never stepped out themselves. I have never been so excited, blessed, scared, nervous, doubtful (about me) in my whole life. For those who have just began to read this blog, I left a very good job without having another lined up (I still believe God has one planned for me) to begin a ministry at my church that I started a couple of years ago called "The Hug Away Foundation" I felt God was telling me it was time to get this going. Staying at my job was a conflict of interest so I had to make a choice. It wasn't hard (except the making no money part.) But I would be lying if I didn't confess I am a little apprehensive about finding the right job that will also allow me to devote the time I need to the ministry. With that being said....
We are off to a good start. We are starting a change drive through the months of October and November (no I had no clue Steven Curtis Chapman was doing the same thing!) We are asking other churches, businesses, individuals to help out if they feel the "tug." Oh yea the ministry is to offer grants to families who have been called to adopt. My husband and I have been there, done that and are very aware of what a blessing these grants are. We also had a great article in our local newspaper.
There is so much to do! Right now I am the pr person, fundraiser coordinator, I have to find someone to do the logo for nothing person, and anything else you can think of and enjoying every minute of it!
If you could lift this ministry up in prayer that would be so awesome!

No comments: