Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Trust Test

Have you ever had to trust God totally and completely? I am not talking about sort of, kind of, maybe... I am talking 100% God you are all I have trust. I am doing that, going through that, experiencing that...call it what you want. It has been the hardest thing I have ever done. See, when you are a control freak like myself, turning everything over to God is hard! Yes, even us faithful Jesus followers have our moments.
I know of so many ways I could take over and fix things, but this time I can't, I won't. I have to, I need to trust God totally and completely. Make no mistake, it has not made my life easier. As a matter of fact the last couple of weeks have been down right miserable! I know so far what I would like to happen, hasn't. But here is the deal...in the past when I have taken control of a situation the fix was temporary, so basically the situation was never fixed because it is still here! The times I have let God take over, the result wasn't always what I wanted or expected but the end result was always at the perfect time and the perfect result.
This time it is tough because there is no other answer but to trust God.
I will keep you posted on this journey... until then,
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: