Saturday, October 10, 2009

The picture says it all!


This is one of my favorite pictures of Mike and Kennedy. My sister Kelley took this I believe the day after Kennedy came home. When I look at this picture it reminds that with God anything is possible!
God had laid adoption on my heart again in 2004. For the next two years I tried to explain to Mike this wasn't me it was God. When I first went to him it was a flat NO!!! After that he would just look at me and say "God has not put this on my heart." I didn't understand any of this. Not only did I know without a doubt that God had placed adoption on my heart again, He had given me a vision of a little toddler girl in all places a exercise class I was taking at my church! I was getting older and growing tired of asking Mike. Then one day I heard God speak audibly to me. He said "go to Mike and tell him that you are my messenger and he will listen." I was like "great he is going to think I have lost my mind." So I went up to Mike told Him what God said and he looked at me and said "OK." I about fell over! I was excited but I was also a little bit perturbed! I thought "that's it? Over 2 years of begging, pleading, asking and that was all I had to say?"
It didn't take me long to realize that was Gods plan along. His timing is perfect and if Mike had said yes the first time I asked him we would not have blessed with our Kennedy or this precious picture of a daddy with his new baby girl and as you can tell by his face totally in love!

No comments: