Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The 3 G's


Mike coaching our Upward Soccer team. Kennedys in there somewhere!

I am sitting in awe of the 3 G's, Gods Grace & Goodness! Let me back up to five days ago. Mike and I had come to the realization that adopting again was not in the plans at least not for now. It was not easy to accept this. I have a lot of friends that have received a referral or waiting for one. Don't get me wrong, I could not be happier for them! But a little part of me wishes I was "waiting " also. But through prayer and quiet time, God gave me a peace that only He could.
So, I as I was coming to grips with this, my husband found out Monday that the shift he has worked on for 13 years is being shut down. He works the midnight shift. His choice will be working 4 10's with Thursday, Friday or Saturday off or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off. I drop off kids and he picks them up, not anymore. Our whole schedule, my work schedule, kids school and activity schedule, no day care,and more has been based on him working midnights.It was something we prayed about 13 years ago and though it wasn't an easy adjustment it worked for us. We had just set up our schedule for the summer and this came up. We are grateful he has his job, very grateful, it is just going to be a really big adjustment. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but when you have no family around to help out it can present a problem. So....my first "Elaine" reaction was to freak out! But as soon as I ran to God with this issue He spoke to my heart and said "there is a reason." Works for me!
Mike and I began to pray and ask God for guidance and wisdom. I also asked God for wisdom about Hug Away. The peace that God has given us on both of these situations is so, well peaceful!
I think sometimes we get a little comfortable and God needs to shake things up, get our attention. We look forward to seeing what God has planned for us. He never disappoints us and He never will!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Karin said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog about your son serving in Iraq. I really appreciate hearing from you! I am okay with my son going into the Army for the most part--but there are definitely those 'moments' when I think, "What if??" THANK YOU!!!