Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Madonna and Adoption

Is it just me or does anyone else in the adoption world think this is wrong? What about the Hague? If the requirements for the Hague were followed she would not be allowed to adopt at this point.
Do they have a clue about this womans lifestyle? And even if she had to go by at least half of the rules and regulations the rest of us have had to follow she still has flunked the other half.
If anyone at this point allows her to adopt this little girl adoption advocates better get ready for a fight. What this tells me is that if you have money and prestige you don't have to follow the rules. But if you are just your average working class family who has a heart for adoption and follows the rules you may be denied because of one DUI in your pass or 2 divorces, or your age or you were depressed sometime in your life or you take a medication that isn't approved or your a little overweight.
Even though I am not a fan of Madonna, I am not saying that it is wrong for her to want to adopt again. What I am saying is that if I had her lifestyle, but without the fame and money, I would not be given the time of day. The rules should apply to everyone.
Yeah, I see a lot wrong with this picture.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Preach it sister!!!!!