Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Answered prayers

Remember those mountains? Well God moved a bunch of them! He never ceases to amaze me. I am fully aware of what He is capable of but it still takes my breath away. I knew deep down He would take care of everything but I always allow myself a little doubt. Shame on me!
Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who...crowns you with love and compasssion. Psalm 103:2-4
Yesterday was a perfect day. You know, one of those days you hate to see end. As I watched God move these mountains that stood before me I stood in awe. I realized I can not remember one time He has ever let me down. I let Him down a lot but never, ever has He let me down. Thank you God, for loving me even when I am doubtful.
Now wisdom from my buddy Kooper who is five years old. My daughter Jordan and I were blessed to bring Kooper home to his mommy and daddy when he was 4 months old.
His mom told me that they were talking about Jesus and going to heaven. He told her how you get to heaven. Mom realized they really had not spoken about where you would go if you didn't believe in Jesus. So she said "Kooper do you know where you go if you do not believe in Jesus?" He looked at her for a moment and as serious as could be said "I don't know, Walmart or something?" :0) Now anyone who has adopted internationally and your children look nothing like you knows that a trip to Walmart can bring on some of the most bizarre, intrusive, rude, unheard of questions about your child that you could imagine. So in a way my buddy Kopper wasn't to far off. It can be a hell that's for sure.

No comments: