Sunday, August 19, 2007

Stepping out in faith

Oooh makes me tremble! Yes, you can be faithful and still be a little nervous. We are human. Hello! the point is to step out in faith. So here's the deal. A couple of years ago God laid on my heart to start an adoption ministry at my church to help families who are lead to adopt with some of the financial burdens. My pastor was very supportive. I found out that it could be a conflict with my work which is an adoption agency. Why you ask? Well it is the fundraising part. So I put A Hug Away on the back burner and felt when God was ready for me to do this full time he would let me know. Well it's time. I felt God saying to me "Elaine how can I do my work in you when you will not step out in faith? You have to trust me completely." That means leaving my job at the agency. October 2nd will be my last day. gulp. I did it. Now I believe God will provide everything I need. One of those things being a part time job and some money to pay off some unwanted debt I have. I have no doubts. The other deal is I am suppose to take my 2 older daughters to Korea. Hmm... we will see. If it is Gods will it will be done.
I was watching the DVD series I have been studying "Discerning the Voice of God" He started doing this work in me a long time ago, but I had to listen to Him to tell me when the time was right. The time is now.

As I was getting ready to type in my blog I grabbed my bible and it literally opened to Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I know you, before you were born I set you apart: I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
Now I don't believe I will be a prophet of any nations but He knew before He formed me exactly when all of this would take place. Pretty well says it all.

No comments: