Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Beginnings

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. Philippians 4:6
August 22, 2007 around 9:07 a.m. I turned all my worries, concerns, frustrations over to God. That's right He can have them! He wants them, I sure don't.
I am leaving my job. It was a hard decision, but I feel it is time. I am stepping out in faith to pursue a calling God laid on my heart many years ago. So all the worries about finances, the ministry I am starting up, my marriage, kids, my weight, age, staying healthy, my youngest son leaving for the Marines. You name it and I turned it over. So with that being said...............tada!
I decided to get active...I mean like walk/run active. See, I have these great size 10 jeans in my closet. They are faded, have holes in the knees and I love them. I miss them. I am sure they miss me to! We sure did look good together in the day. Well I decided we can look good again. So I went for a walk,a fast walk, then attempted to run, well really it wasn't a run more of a well, not a sprint....hmmm I don't know it was either an extremely fast walk or a very slow run, call it what you want. Any who I tried to step it up and that lasted about 5 seconds. Then I thought God is right here by my side and in Proverbs 4:12 it says When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Ok, I can do this.
About a block and a half ahead of me there was a stop sign and I thought to myself; there is your goal, you can run to the stop sign. Here I go, not so fast, I tripped over a speed bump of all things! Good grief. Ok satan funny, very funny. Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3 Off I go and I made it!!!! Glory to God! If my neighbors hadn't been outside I would have done my get jiggy dance & song! Two hands up, praise the Lord! Bring your hands together in prayer. Now satan won't come near you, oh no he won't, he wouldn't dare! That's the song to my jiggy dance. Can you tell I made it up?
So how was your day? :)

No comments: