Monday, November 28, 2011

You Keep on Going

Today I had a lot of work to do with Hug Away. I couldn't wait to get to the office and get
started! Our office is small. It would fit in our bedroom. Actually, 2 of them could easily fit in our bedroom! It also has no windows. One could call it a large closet :) The point is it is our office, it's not fancy but it meets our need.
So I sat there attempting to knock the list out. When you are the President and the only employee it can be a bit overwhelming at times. After a few hours I looked at the piles and felt like I really hadn't accomplished much at all. I felt defeated. It didn't help that on Wednesday I have to give our notice that we will not be renewing our office lease. We just don't have the money for it. I wanted to cry. Not about the office, but the fact we have over 70 kids who still need sponsors, families who need food, a school that needs so much work, sponsors unable to pay. Yeah, I was feeling a little stressed and like a failure.
I put my head in my hands and said "Lord, what do am I suppose to do?" After a few minutes I looked up and saw this precious work of art hanging on the wall. On the first day I was at the school in 2010 I saw this button picture of Africa and fell in love with it. A young teacher at the school had made it. He was so pleased that I liked it.
As I sat there in my office looking at that beautiful picture and I felt God say " You keep going, that is what you do."

I smiled to myself and remembered my last day at the school when the children presented me with this beautiful button picture of Africa. It was priceless. The love, the hugs, the gratitude, the words "We love you mama Laney" all these memories came back to me and reminded me

that this is why not just myself, but my family, prayer warriors, sponsors, donors and volunteers have to keep on going. For them. We are servants and God will never give us more than we can handle




\



Below are pictures of my Ethiopian babies that I sponsor. The little one to my left is my friends baby. Oh yeah and my Korean baby! She loves this country and the children as much as I do. See the little boy? Last year when Adanech brought him to me he ws so dirty and his clothes were torn. He lived alone because his mom had died and his dad left him alone often. I had bought him new clothes while I was there and he was so happy. When I got home I had wrote him a letter telling him how important it was for him to go to school and get his education and do his very best. A few months ago before I went back to Ethiopia I received a letter from him telling me he was doing what I asked and was studying hard. What God has called us to do is working!


So when your feeling a little overwhelmed, stressed and like a big failure, take a moment and have a conversation with God. You may be surprised at what He will use to remind you why you must keep on going!

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.


Galatians 6:9














































































































































No comments: