Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

We should thank God every day for something. Family, friends, food, health, our homes, our freedom, the fact that we woke up today.
I began doing this a long time ago and it keeps me grounded. If I want to go into a pity party I think of something, anything that I can give thanks to God and it makes the need for that pity party to go away.
Today I am grateful that I had all my kids together. I know as the years pass this will not always be the case. So for today, for this moment in time I will embrace this gift of family. And for that I am truly thankful.


"As we pause to thank Him for the blessings of the past year, we must not forget to thank Him for the lessons we have learned through our difficult times. We are not to be thankful for just the pleasant, easy things, but ALL things." Millie Stamm

No comments: