Thursday, January 27, 2011

Four years ago today

Four years ago today after 3 1/2 weeks in Vietnam, over 25 hours on a plane we landed in Tulsa and Kennedy walked off the plane and into the arms of her family. She was 2 1/2 years years old, in a strange country, looking at strange faces, the smells were different, the food was different. She had left people her little heart loved and who loved her. Her world had been rocked. I thought she was so brave.
She has been here 4 years and reads at a 3rd grade level.She could tie her shoes at age 3. She demanded her daddy take her training wheels off her bike when she was barely 4 and took off after a couple of lessons. She has been recommended for the gifted program. She is funny.She loves to play soccer.She has asked Jesus into her heart. She amazes me! She may be tiny but she is mighty and she is loved!

In Vietnam waiting for mommy!

Four years later!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elaine:
I've been reading your blog for a LONG time but don't think I ever posted before.I am Leveta.A Dillon Mom to Sam 15 and Kaitrin 11 both adopted from India.Sam came home in 2005 and Kaitrin in 2000.We also have a bio son Chad who is 18.Your daughters are so beautiful and I couldn't agree with you more on the recognition of those entering the military at graduation.My husband retired from the Navy after 20 years in 2001.

I also hear you on the adoption question thing.Just yesterday this lady at the store I have known for years ask me if Chad who was with me Was my OWn son.I guess I must have looked kind of funy because she then said something like "He's not adopted" and I just answered her but then she started asking questions about my sister and if she had any children or miscarriages??? It takes all kinds to make the world and I guess I have to look at it as God giving me a time to share my love for adoption and what led me to my kids.Thanks for all you do to spread the word about adoption.
Leveta