Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11

Today I am blessed to celebrate the 16th anniversary of my 40th birthday! I remember when my grandma was in her fifties I thought she was so old. Heck I thought when my mom was in her forties she was old! Now not so much.
At this age God keeps me hopping! In many ways I feel that He is just getting started with me. I am at that point in my life where I have finally get it and God knows that.  So He is giving me lots to do and I believe that keeps my heart young. And you know what they say what's in your heart shows on your face and in your actions!
Of course being happy is a choice. I came across this saying once that basically said that you can choose to be happy or be miserable they both take the same amount of time. So why would anyone waste their time being miserable? The thought of that makes me sad.
I can't say I ever looked forward to getting older but now I look at it as a blessing, What an amazing gift God has given us, this journey called life.

My birthday gift four years ago! She was a little overwhelmed.
In the words of Oliver Wendall Holmes
To be seventy years young is sometimes far more cheerful and hopeful than to be forty years old. I agree!

No comments: