Friday, July 24, 2009

Keeping the Faith


As most of you are aware my husband and I founded the Hug Away Foundation. Since becoming a non profit in January of 2007 it has been a joy and a blessing but there have been times I have wanted to throw in the towel!
I know that God has a plan for the foundation, but when you are the fundraiser chariman, the publicist, the media person, website manager, donor seeker (title I made up! ;)) well it gets stressfull! We had our Titus 3 Project which was so successful but the fact is that I just don't have the time to devote to the foundation that I would like and this has been a lot to deal with. Here is where the faith comes in.
I have never doubted that God has a plan for Hug Away, what I have doubted is my ability. But whenever I have felt like throwing in the towel God seems to let me know that is not part of the plan, not even a consideration!
In three weeks my kids will start school. Yes, Ms. Kennedy will be in kindergarten:(
Right now,I work 3 days a week and every other Saturday, which was perfect while Kennedy was home. With all of them in school I would have two days a week to work on Hug Away, oh and clean house, laundry and on and on, still not enough time to devote to Hug Away. On the other hand, I feel like I need to go back to work full time, but deep down I wish something would happen where I could draw a small salary from Hug Away. That would be the perfect plan. I could devote the time needed to Hug Away and make it all that God wants it to be, work from home. Oh let me tell you my imagination goes crazy thinking of ways this could happen. We have a budget we would like to achieve and in order to achieve that we would need 150 donors to commit to $30 a month or more ;) every month and/or have donors or companies who would donate.
Remember, this is my active little brain working! So, I keep the faith and have no doubt that God has this wonderful plan and in his perfect timing He will bring it all together and oh how we will rejoice!!
If you could say a prayer for the foundation and me I would appreciate it so much. I can not wait for the day when I can post about what God did to make this happen!
Remember our website www.hugaway.org

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

No comments: