Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blessings & Heart Ache



Death brings heart ache, but it also reminds of us of what a blessing someone was in our life.
Ms. Pat was a blessing in my life. Adoption brought us together. Adoption allowed me and my family the honor of meeting Pat her husband Ed their daughter Dayna, who is now like a sister to me, Dayna's husband Todd and their little boy Kooper who Jordan and I were privileged to bring home from S. Korea and place in their arms. I had known Pats oldest daughter Annette for several years but had never met the rest of the family, now they are family.
Pat died last week and tomorrow we will say good bye until we meet again in heaven.
From the moment I met her Pat taught me lessons about life either from her own words or through Dayna who would tell me about the things her mom taught her.
Kennedy was saying her prayers at dinner last night and she said "Dear God, Ms. Pat died and I know she is in heaven with you. Please heal her and send her back to us, amen." If only.
I thank God He allowed Pat to be part of my life. I am a better person for it.
Until we see each other again.

No comments: