Saturday, July 11, 2009

32 years ago today



I became a mom for the first time! I knew from the beginning I was going to have a boy. Michael came into the world one day past his due date. He was pretty sick and didn't get to come home for about three weeks.
His dad left when Michael was almost 2. For the next eight years it was just the two of us. In a sense we grew up together. During those times I would work 2 jobs, sometimes we were on food stamps. I will always say that Michael saved my life. When he was born he gave me a purpose.
We have both come a long way. He is my funny kid, I mean comedian funny! He can take any situation and make you laugh. He is my oldest and I love him dearly. To me he will always be my Mickey D. (my dads nickname for him) We went through a lot together. Things that no one else but him and I will know.
Tonight for his birthday he invited us to his house and he grilled some fantastic chops and corn on the cob, it was delicious!
Happy Birthday babe, I love you!!!

No comments: