Sunday, October 26, 2008

Riverwalk Community Church

Answering some great questions
Yes, I let Mike talk! He is pretty good at it.

Today Mike and I were invited to share attheRiverwalk Community Church in Glenpool. They were doing a series on "Heroes" for the month of October. We do not see our self as hero's but what an honor it was to go and share about Hug Away. I hope they were blessed with what we shared, I know we were blessed by them! They are not a big church, they are just starting out so they have a small congregation, but what a wonderful blessing they were! Gary Davis the pastor gave a wonderful sermon on adoption and that is all he focused on. He interviewed us and asked wonderful questions and then we answered questions from the congregation. They kept us on our toes!
If you live in the Glenpool, Jenks, Sapulpa, South Tulsa area check them out. You will not be sorry. They are what I think of as a simple church. They welcome you, make you feel right at home, share from the heart and look for ministries to serve. You will be blessed. You can go to http://www.riverwalkchurch.net/ for more information.
It is nice to go out of your "comfort zone" once in while, visit other churches and hear what they have to say. After the last couple of weeks I needed this day. It reminded me that God called me to do this. Yes, there are days I get down and think what is the point? Then God in His perfect timing always has something too remind me that Hug Away is His, not mine and He called me to do this for Him.
Thank you Riverwalk Community Church and Pastor Gary Davis. You are awesome!

No comments: