Thursday, May 15, 2008

My crazy life!

Sometimes I have to sit back and look at my life and smile. It is nothing like I imagined when I was a little girl. I was going to be a lawyer/photographer, with four kids...boy, girl, boy girl. I was going to live in a very nice house, get my hair done once a week and always be stylin! But as most of you know that is not at all what happened! I came from a rough background, had lots bad things happen in my life. All that changed when I became a christian at 37. I could care less about getting my hair done, stylin, well I do have my own style and as for my house well it is a kids house. I use to cringe at the thought of someone dropping by, but now, if you can step over it, through it or around it, then you are welcome any time!
God blessed me with a wonderful husband. Yes, I am a cougar! That is what they call a woman who is older than her husband. I want to be called a Puma! I think that sounds better. Anyway, Mike is 9 years younger than me but now that 50 is officially the new 30 we are about the same age!:) We have 6 kids and 2 grand kids, a dog and a fish.
Here is a typical day at my house.

  • 3 am Brody (my dog) jumps on the side of my bed, breaths heavy, scares me and licks me.
  • 3:30 am can't sleep because my dog scared me awake.
  • 4:30 Kennedy stares me awake and gets in bed with me.
  • 6:30 husband comes home, oldest daughter gets up. I need to get up, but fight it
  • 7:00 I am up and ready to go. Mike takes Jordan to school and off to his second job
  • 7:30 I have thrown one load in the wash and one in the dryer, did dishes (if there were any) get the little ones up.
  • 7:45 We are up and eating breakfast (one wants cereal the other rice and soy sauce)
  • 8:00 Make lunches, brush teeth, feed the dog and the fish (Flipper, who will never die..ever!
  • 8:40 Take Cami to school, go back home finish up "stuff."
  • 9:25 Take Kennedy to school and off to work
  • 4:00 pm Head home, start dinner or take a child somewhere,
  • 6:00 pay bills, work on Hug Away, do more laundry, feed the dog
  • 8:00 Get kids in the bath, say hi to hubby who somewhere in the last 4 hours came home, went to bed and is off again.
  • 9:00 Sit down find a show that will make me cry or laugh
  • 10:30 Go to my room, lay down try to go to sleep. Channel surf or make notes of things I need to do, should do or want to do.
  • 3:00 am yuck...doggy breath!

This does not include extra curricular activities, breaking up little girl dissagreements, learning to text faster so my sons don't fall asleep while I try to text them back, grandkids, ball games and all of that stuff. But with all that said... I want to thank God and give Him all the glory for this wonderful, crazy, blessed life He gave me. I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments: