Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hope & Faith

Hope & Faith are a powerful thing. When you have them nothing is impossible, I mean nothing. But if you don't have them, then you have nothing.
When I left my job to pursue this dream, this purpose God put in my heart I was very hopeful and very faithful. On the days when I felt hopeless and faithless I also felt defeated. That is when I realized how powerful these two words are. They are my kryptonite! So I made a decision to never, ever be hopeless or faithless again. With them I can do anything. God stands by the faithful.
When God puts a dream/ purpose in your heart He does so for a reason. He never said it would be easy, but He did say has long as you stayed faithful and have hope these dreams will become real. It is up to you. If you stay faithful and hopeful through not only the good but also the bad and trying times God will bless you. If you just want to hang it up and not try then your dreams will never become a reality. What blessing you will miss out on! We only need the faith of a mustard seed. A mustard seed! Thats it. Do you know how small a mustard seed is? Good grief.
Ok all I can do is speak from my own experience and trust me I have had many. But as long as I have remained faithful, hopeful and persevered God has taken care of me. I am going to write down the words to my favorite song of all time " You are God". It is on Point of Grace new cd HOW YOU LIVE, track 6 then track 7 is also awesome. Oh the whole cd is awesome!
But anyway I sing this song at least once a day because in a way it is a prayer.

When the sun starts to rise and I open my eyes you are good, so good
In the heat of the day with each stone that I lay you are good, so good
With every breath I take in, I'll tell you I'm grateful again
When the moon rises high before each kiss goodnight you are good
When the road starts to turn around each bend I've learned you are good, so good
And when somebodys hands hold me up, helps me stand you are good, so good
With every breath I take in, I will tell you I'm grateful again
Cause it's more than enough just to know I am loved and you are good.
So how can I thank you and what can I bring
What can a poor man lay at the feet of a king
So I'll sing you a love song, Its all that I have
To tell you I'm grateful for holding my life in your hand
When it's dark and your cold and I can't feel my soul you are still good
When the world has gone gray and the rains here to stay you are still good
With every breath I take in, I'll tell you I'm grateful again
And the storm may swell, even then it is well and you are good.

No comments: