Monday, April 4, 2011

One of those days when...

Saturday was one of those days! You know those days that as you are going through it you are not having any fun at all! No matter how hard you try to see the good in it it's not happening.
I work for an Optometrist and I work every other Saturday from 8:45 - 12:30 or 1. Yesterday was my day to work. it started out pretty good. I was up and ready to go. I got to work a little early because I knew we were going to be busy. Our first patients were a family of 3. Let's just say after that it was pretty much down hill.
I wear contacts and  was having a problem seeing. I told my co-worker and she asked if I might have put them in wrong. Now mind you part of my job is training people how to put in their contacts. I was pretty sure I put them in correctly but for the sake of time I switched them. And I swear for a little bit I thought I was seeing better! We had a good laugh and went on with our busy morning. About a hour later I noticed I was having a problem again, so I took them out and put in a new pair, sucked it up and got through the rest of the morning.
I have never had a problem with allergies until this year and it has been awful. So I put 2 and 2 together and figured that my contact problem and eye strain and headache was because of allergies. We had thing to do around the house so I took some allergy meds and got busy.
Mike and I are celebrating our anniversary on Monday so we decided to go out. I was really looking forward to it. I think Mike was too but you would have to ask him.
It was my idea to go to Louie's. I believe they have a location in Tulsa and recently opened up a location in Broken Arrow. Neither of us have ever been there so we thought we would give it a try. We got ready to go out. My head hurt, my eyes were killing  and Mikes back hurt. Whoo hoo! Good times!
So we get to Louie's. I thought it was a nice steak place. It was a sports bar and grill. seriously? Of course Mike was happy! TVs all around with the final four basketball game going on all of them. Hellooooooo.
The food was good. It just wasn't what I had planned. By now my eyes were killing me! So what does one do on their anniversary after a fine dining experience? Go to Lowes you say? If that was your guess you are correct! It was my idea. Don't judge me!!!
After we left Lowes we went to Starbucks. It was around 8:30 and there were some people setting up a big telescope. Apperantly it is Astronomy month or something like that and Saturn was going to be out. There was this theme. Saturn on Saturday, Stars and Starbucks. ok. Any whooo.. We were sitting outside drinking our Frappacinno which I love and my stomach hates watching these people look for Saturn. I noticed as I looked at the street lights and stars they seemed to look like huge glowing balls. Now I begin to freak out!
I am thinking all sorts of things. I have a tumor, developing triple cataracts...I just new it was bad!
I told Mike I wanted to go home. I was getting ready for bed and took out my contacts. When I took the right contact out and placed it in my case there was two! I look on the left side to make sure there was only one in there. I have no clue but some how I ended up with 2 contacts in my right eye. No wonder I couldn't see, my eyes felt strained, I had a headache and streetlights looked like huge glowing balls!
At the time none of this seemed funny...at all. But the next day as I looked back all I could do was laugh! It's just depends on how you "look" at it.

No comments: