Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cari

What would you do if you were told you have stage 4 terminal liver cancer and it's in your blood stream? Your in your early 40's, have a great husband, family, friends, career. You have so much to live for and then a doctor says...cancer...terminal. Would you cry? faint? get mad? sit in disbelief? Would you scream at God and ask, why me? What would you do?
I'm not sure what I would do. But if I did have to answer that question and I pray I never do, I would hope I would react the way my friend Cari has.
This past week Cari heard these words and her response was "That's what the doctors say, that's not what my God says." And today during church as Cari and her husband Stephen stood in front of the congregation her faith showed. We went down to pray for her and when we were through and we stood around her she asked if she could speak. She said "I have no fear. I can't explain it all I know is that this is God." And as I stood inches from her and looked at her there was no fear. None. What I saw was hope, faith, courage and strength!  She looked so confident,determined and strong. If I was cancer I would be very afraid of Cari!
In my heart I believe Cari will beat this and when she does what a testimony she will have! She is putting her trust in God and in turn He has given her a peace that is beyond all understanding.
The bible says "have the faith of a mustard seed, you can move mountains." Cari's faith is much bigger than a mustard seed!
Please pray for Cari, her husband and family. Cari knows the battle will not be an easy one but she has put on the Armor of God and He will stand with her through this battle.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10


No comments: