Saturday, March 19, 2011

Asking until it hurts!

Well, my last post of 100 friends helping Hug Away didn't happen. One person, my sister Jamie, was the only one who responded and what is so cool about that is she doesn't have the money to help but she was willing. Thank you Jamie for having a willing heart! No worries, God is always faithful and good!
I know people get tired of me asking for money for Hug Away, heck I get tired of asking! It's not my favorite thing to do. But the reality is we can't do what we do without money. It is what it is. But God has called me to help these kids who have nothing so I will continue to ask until either God returns to earth or I leave earth! Just saying.

I have shown pictures of our kids in Ethiopia but I haven't showed any pictures of life in Ethiopia.

Asleep, dead? Who knows. We saw a man we think was dead because people were poking him with a stick and he didn't move. That is reality in Ethiopia.


Hoping to find food.
  
I met this momma at the school. She was crying because her children were hungry and she didn't know how she would feed them.

This is after we told her that we would make sure they had food every month.
 
A single mom who works when she can but they don't have enough to eat. Project Hunger no More was born and they were our first family we sponsored.

They came up to our van begging for food. I gave them some "take away" I had saved from eating out and a little bit of money.  The little one kissed my hand, hugged me and thanked me. He was about 3 years old.

 
These ladies are Christians and are participating in a amazing "cow" program. They buy a cow wit money from money borrowed through a co-op, they fatten up, sell it, save part of the money and pay back their loan. It has been very successful!
 
A family we met on the side of the road in the middle of no where coming back from a village.

This is a little guy who followed us around at a church where my friends were teaching for a couple of days. The only thing he had to play with was a old plastic lid and we never could figure out where he lived.
And when I feel like giving up all I have to do is think of the kids I met in Ethiopia. If you could look into the face of a child starving and begging for food it would change you...in ways you could never imagine.

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
Mother Teresa

No comments: