Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Why I Blog?????

People have often asked my why do I blog. Why do I put myself out there like that. I have journaled for years. And when I have read back over my journals I can see where I have been and where my journey in life has taken me so far. I can see where I have grown and where work still needs to be done. I can see who I once was, who I am now and who I hope to be. I have and will continue to learn from not only my journals but what others have chose to share. If anyone can learn anything from my mistakes, my ups and my downs most importantly my walk with God then putting myself "out" there is worth it.
I read a quote from another blogger and she said "A blog is a ride; it's an invitation to come take a journey with me." That pretty much sums it up. You can choose to ride along or not.
Everyone has a story. Everyone. I love to talk but I also love to listen and learn from other peoples experiences. After all there is no greater education than ones life experience. Most people that read my blog email me directly instead of posting a comment because they share things with me they don't want others to read. But I do love it when someone takes the time to let me know that what I have blogged helped them, made them cry or laugh or they could relate to it.
I do choose what I blog about. If it involves my husband or children I always ask them first. Even my 6 year old. After all what I want to share is part of their story too. Same rules apply for my facebook. And believe it or not I don't share all of my hurts or all of my joys. But those that I do share hopefully someone will learn from it, have a laugh, or know they are not the only one. And that is why I blog.

No comments: