Friday, December 24, 2010

Cody

Every year on their birthdays I post something about one of my kids. Today my son Cody turns 25. I can't believe it! Was it only 25 years ago that you were due on the 19th but decided not to show up? That I just knew I was going to have a girl and didn't buy one boy thing? That on Christmas Eve 1985 in a nice little snow storm you decided to show up without your dad here? That the nurses forgot to give me my epidural and I had you "ah natural?" And then out comes this precious little boy!! And I sent your poor grandma on the hunt for something to bring you home in that wasn't pink. In many ways it seems like a life time ago but in other ways it seems like yesterday. On Christmas Day I brought home the most precious gift...you.
Cody we are so proud of the man you have become. Now you have a beautiful wife, a new son and a baby on the way and you have embraced them and love them with the amazing passion you have always had. We love them too!
Your true blue. One of the good guys which are hard to find. You say what you mean and mean what you say, just like your dad.
My prayer for you and your new life is that you will always put Christ first. Everything else will follow. God is your heart so if you truly listen to it you will never go wrong.
So Happy 25th Birthday to my Cody Bayer. I love you more than you will ever know!

No comments: