Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfulness

Like most this Thanksgiving I have been thinking about the many things I am so thankful for. As I went over my mental list I was overwhelmed by Gods grace. I am most thankful for His grace. I don't deserve it that's for sure. Besides His grace He has blessed me with a wonderful husband, three amazing  sons, three wonderful daughters, four, soon to be five awesome grand kids, my sisters, my nieces, nephews and the greatest friends anyone could ask for. And even though our youngest son who is a Marine and deployed will not be here for Thanksgiving or Christmas I am thankful that he is doing what God called him to do.

I live in a country where I can step out on my back porch and take a picture of God magnificent sky! I am free to say what I want, worship as I wish and vote. I am thankful for adoption! Yes I am also thankful for my home, my car and other material things but over the years I have learned that those things well they are things. God, my family, friends, my freedom are priceless.
John F. Kennedy once said  As we express  our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.
If someone has ever helped you don't just say thank you, go out and help someone. Give back! There is nothing more fulfilling that than doing for others. There are many who serve our country who receive nothing from home. Not even a note. Send a letter or/and gift box to them. I know they would be very thankful!
I pray that this Thanksgiving as we count our blessings we remember to pray for the protection of those serving our country and be thankful they do.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.  ~William Arthur Ward

No comments: