Friday, November 26, 2010

I Know

Who knew when I became a Christian 18 years ago the journey that God would take me on. God knew! As I grew in my walk with the Lord I had this sense that He had this amazing plan for me. OK I will just come out and say it "I felt special!" Like God and I had this relationship that was so unique and amazing that no one would understand if I told them. I had this feeling and still do a peace if you will, that God had chose me to make a difference.
OK, it's true that after a few years as a Christian I realized that it wasn't just me that had this amazing and unique relationship with God, it was all who believed in Him. And that makes me very happy but I was a little bummed, just a teeny tiny bit, that I wasn't this special "chosen" daughter of God. But God in His most wonderful, beautiful, silent voice spoke to my heart and said "Elaine you are special to me, you are my chosen daughter and we are going to make a difference." YES!
Not all believers have this relationship with God. You have to walk the walk and not just talk the talk. You have to be quiet and listen (Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10) You have to ask Him what He wants you to do (Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3) You have to have faith! (Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen Hebrews 11:1) and then do what is right! (learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow. Isaiah 1:17)
When you ask Jesus into your heart you are born again you will spend eternity with God! How amazing is that? But that is not the whole story. He wants you to make a difference while you are here on earth.
When I understood all of this and chose to get up and put my talk into a walk my life changed in ways I could never have imagined! (Look at the nations and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. Habakkuk 1:5)
Because of the faith I have in Jesus I can say without any doubt that I know, that I know, that I know!
Pretty amazing huh?
Get up and make a difference! That might begin with you asking Jesus into your heart. Or if you are already a believer you may have something going on in your life right now that is going to take you choosing to make a change in your life. Baby steps you know!
Whatever it is I hope that you can say, I know, that I know, that I know.

No comments: