Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brothers and Sisters

I remember when I was a little girl I always wanted a older brother. Life at home wasn't that great and I had this fantasy of a big brother who would protect me and my younger sisters. My mother never wanted to have boys. She was afraid they would join the military. My dad wanted boys. He wanted a son. When I became mom to three sons I was so happy! After being the oldest of five girls I had a lot to learn about having these boys around! Wow what a difference! Wrestling tournaments, soccer, basketball, football, baseball even rugby. Yup, my world had gone from barbies to baseball bats.
Then God gave us three beautiful daughters through adoption. So I went back to the barbies! When my first son was born I was the younger mom and now when I take my youngest to school well it's fair to say I am not the youngest! The age difference between my oldest son and youngest daughter? 27 years! My grand kids are older than their aunt! Yes our family dynamics are good for conversation when we have nothing else to talk about.
My favorite thing about my kids? Their love for one another. My daughters have not one or two but three of the greatest big brothers anyone could ask for. They are very protective of them, they listen to the girls when they talk and talk and talk. And most important they love their little sisters deeply.
 And my sons have three beautiful sisters who idolize and adore them. They love it when they come to visit or call. And when the boys are not here they love to talk about them...good things!








I never had a big brother but my daughters do. And I know no matter what happens these brothers & sister, sons & daughters will always be there for one another.

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you,
as you are to them.
~Desmond Tutu

No comments: