Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chill

Lately I have had this need to "chill." As much as I love my chaos I have come to realize that I just need to relax and do nothing. Doing nothing allows me to be quiet and enjoy time with God. No phones, computers, radio or people. Just me, my thoughts and God.
My favorite place is the ocean but since one isn't close by my backyard comes in second. I love my backyard. It has lots of trees, it faces the west so I try to go out right before dusk and watch the sunset. I am one of those people who feel God when the breeze blows on my face or the sun is shining on my face. I see God in the sunsets, the moon, the trees, the birds. I hear God when I am quiet. He ask us to be still and know Him.
Life is busy but that doesn't stop us from spending time on the computer, wathcing sports or going to the mall. Sadly most of us just can't seem to find the tme to be quiet with God.
Since I have made this decision my attitude is much more relaxed. I have more peace. You know what they say "don't sweat the small stuff." I hope you will find some time to "chill" with God. 

No comments: