Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tolerence

I have been thinking a lot about this word lately. So I looked it up and here is the definitions of tolerance:

•the power or capacity of an organism to tolerate unfavorable environmental conditions
•permissiveness: a disposition to allow freedom of choice and behavior
•the act of tolerating something
•willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
•allowance: a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits


The words "freedom" "choice" "willingness" "respect" "within limits" stood out when I read them. It seems that tolerance definition should read "politically correct" "it's all about me" "no limits" "no choice."
Now before I go on to the next sentence let me say this, I believe in free speech. I also believe that God gave us the freedom to choose. We can choose to believe in Him or not, we can love or not, we can help others or not, we can be tolerant of others or not. Tolerance does not mean you agree with the person or their ways or beliefs it means you respect that person.
The liberals, our president, our government, homosexuals, different religions,pro abortion groups and many others ask Christians to tolerate their beliefs, to respect them. Yet they do not practice what they preach. They refuse to tolerate us and our beliefs. Case in point, go to this site http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm20100331/ts_csm/291560
and read a story that should make most of us angry and sick to our stomachs. I wonder what these people would do if we said "OK our Marines and Soldiers will not protect you. If we are attacked in any way shape or form they will not come to help you since they believe a dead soldier is a good thing." As a mom to a Marine and an aunt to two nephews who have served in the Army the fact that a judge would side with the radical fundamentalist is just another example of where our country is heading.
One more example that soon Christians will get the raw end of the deal. Obama voted a radical gay woman to head his Department that oversees work discrimination. She believes that sexual freedom is far more important than religious freedom. huh? Yup the Obama crew tried to sneak that one past the American people. Gee I wonder who side she will be on if a homosexual files a case against a Christian because they were reading their bible on their lunch hour at work? Or Obama snubbing the guy from Israel. Nice show of tolerance Mr. President.
I don't believe in homosexuality but as a Christian I try my best to love the person. This is true even with our President. In my human heart and head I can't believe this guy was voted into office. But I do pray for him and try to find love for him. This is Gods greatest command. He didn't always agree with folks but no matter who they were or what they did He loved them. To bad some in our country are pushing God further and further away from America. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see their faces when He returns.
I love reading books and researching things. And I can tell you this, the Bible, a book written thousands of years ago has prophesied every single thing that is happening today. Don't believe me? Read it.


1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.

No comments: