Sunday, January 10, 2010

Three years ago

today I was in Ninh Thuan Vietnam. This day a precious baby girl would be placed in my arms and become our daughter. I had met her the day before. She came riding up on a scooter, was lifted down, fell, got a little road rash on her cheek (never cried) and walked up 2 flights of cement steps (all this was outside) by herself. I thought to myself "are they sure she is only 2?" She had everyone in the orphanage wrapped around her little finger, much like she does now with her family and friends! Everyone knew her and she had this air of confidence about her. When we met she came right to me, kissed my cheek and gave me a hug. Then she spotted the treats I had brought! Yup, nothing has changed much!

Kennedy with her friends in the orphanage


This is Kennedy with her nanny. She loved Kennedy so much and did not want her to leave.


My mother in law and I were in Vietnam for 3 1/2 weeks. We had received Kennedy on our 4th day in Vietnam. Only once did she have a melt down and that was when we went shopping in Ho Chi Minh. She was not use to all the chaos and noise. Other than that she was perfect. Even on the plane ride home a Vietnamese lady asked me how long had she been with me and when I told her a couple of weeks she looked shocked. She said "it seems to me that she has been yours forever. You can tell she is comfortable with you and she is so well behaved." What a compliment!

This is our first meeting. she really was happy but she wanted the treats!


Oh how I love this precious gift that came into my life at a time when I thought we would never adopted again. Never doubt the power of a child's presence and love. It can do amazing things for you!



Happy Gotcha Day Baby girl! You are loved!!

No comments: