Thursday, January 7, 2010

The gift of another year!

In a few days I will celebrate yet another birthday. I didn't really plan on celebrating this one. I have my reasons. I am going to be a pivotal age where things begin and others end. Let's talk about the things that end first. What was I saying? Oh yeah, the memory! If I can possibly remember what I said 10 minutes earlier I consider myself a brainiac! I try to make a list to remind myself of things I need to do but I always forget where I put the list. Firm skin. Now days, if I hope to see no lines or sagging neck I have to lay on my back and hold a mirror up. It is wonderful!!! Everything looks so smooth and firm! Of course that leads to other things falling off to the side if you know what I mean. Natural hair color. Mine isn't to far off from its original color, I just have to color it more often now! Darn those gray hairs! And they are stubborn! They stick straight up like someone just put a ton of gel on them!
With these things ending I get to look forward to new things!! A 10% discount at some stores! More and more junk mail from AARP! emails from cute little womens groups that desire to help me get through this "special" time in my life. Things falling further south. Offers to plan for my funeral so my family will not be burdened with this sad time in their lives. Hello! I have raised them, cooked like a thousand meals for them, washed 7 million loads of their laundry, sat hundreds of hours on bleachers watching them play sports and let's not forget they are responsible for most of my gray hair! Now I have to plan my own funeral? I don't think so!
So you understand why I am not thrilled about this birthday.
Seriously, How ungrateful am I? I finally realized (we will blame it on my impending age!)that everyday I wake up is a gift from God! And no matter how lousy things seem in this world there is a lot more good to celebrate! Three years ago for my birthday I was in Vietnam meeting our youngest daughter! And even though I am getting up there as far as numbers go, my heart and attitude are young. All kidding aside I am enjoying my life more than ever.
Age is a heart condition. So that should make me 34! That is how old Kennedy thinks I am anyway! Ok, so I felt bad about that and bumped it up to 44. :)
I am grateful for the life God gave me. It didn't start out so great but it is awesome now! He has great plans for me and I plan on seeing those plans through!

I posted a few pictures of the loves of my life!

My guy!


My Cody


My Dustin (he really does like me!)


My Michael


My silly Kennedy!




My sweet grandkids


My girls! Cameron, Jordan and Kennedy

MY BLESSED LIFE!!!!

No comments: