Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our newest Citizen of the U.S.A.

It took a lot longer than we would have liked but our baby girl is now officially a citizen! The last of step of the adoption process.

You know when I look at pictures of my daughters and their citizenship day It puts a lump in my throat. How different our lives would be if they were not our daughters.

I am an older mom and if they were not in our lives I would be...well, I am not sure but it would be just me and Mike. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but we are so close with all of our kids that we don't feel the need to get away from any of them. We traveled alone for the first time in 20 years this past weekend. It was nice but we both felt like a part of us was missing. For those 3 short days we were gone it felt like forever. When we arrived at our house at midnight, there on our front door was a sign that said "We Love You!"
Yeah I like being an "older" mom and having a big family!
Congratulations baby girl!! We thank God for you!

1 comment:

LJ said...

Congrats to our newest citizen!!!