Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Good Times!!



Waiting for Dustin!

Getting ready to meet my kindergarten teacher!


I have to say I never ever would have thought I would be taking my youngest daughter to her first day of kindergarten at the age of fifty something! The principal and secretary looked at me like "she's back?" Yes I am and I love it!
I love being a wife, mom, grandma and what some call a free spirit. I get the last one a lot. As a matter of fact, since I was in middle school that title has followed me. Back in the day I use to think of a free spirit as a flower child or someone who went to the beat of their own drum. Now, I see a free spirit as someone who has God in their life. I really don't worry about anything anymore. I pray all the time. I am not afraid to step out of the box. I want to use everything gift God gave me. I love being a free spirit.
Life doesn't always turn out the way we plan, but I trust God and know without a doubt if things don't turn out the way "I" plan God has a better way.
I like being fifty something and knowing that God still has great plans for me. Age is not just a number it is also about your attitude.
5,10,14,20,23 & 32, those are the ages of my kids. My husband and I will never experience empty nest syndrome and for that I am grateful. They keep us young, active and life is never dull. I am thanking God and having a good time!

No comments: