Saturday, August 29, 2009

Grateful

Lately I have been thinking about how God has blessed my life. I don't deserve the blessings, but He made the choice to give them to me. I believe there is a reason this has been on my mind so much. I think it is God trying to get my attention.
Like most, I tend to grumble and moan about what I don't have. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful, but I do go through times where I grumble about things I would like too have or the way I think things should be or hope too be. I believe Gods desire is for me to focus on what I do have. When I take time to reflect, I realize I have more than I deserve and if I want to get real honest with myself I have way more than I want or need. So what's the deal? Well, I get caught up in the business of life. Even though not a day goes by that I don't interact with God, I often miss out on finding time to be alone with Him. Isn't that pathetic? The one who created me, the one who has blessed my life in ways I could have never imagined, the one who died for my sins and I can't find a few minutes everyday to be alone with Him? Yeah, that is pretty pathetic. Yet, He still loves me and puts up with me,attempts to teach me lessons in life and picks me up when I fall down.
I am so grateful for His unconditional love. I may not act like it at times, but He knows my heart and for that I am very grateful!
I posted these pictures of Cami and Kennedy because it reminded me that we should all take time to slow down, be grateful and enjoy the journey!
Cami & Kennedy








No comments: