Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gods Plan


































My beauties. They were gifts at a time in my life when I thought I was through having children. God had blessed me with three awesome sons and an angel in heaven. I was forty years old and going to baseball and basketball games and preparing for my oldest son to graduate from high school. Life was good. My husband had been after me to for a long time to adopt, but I wasn't ready. Then one day God spoke to my heart and I knew it was time. Since then life has been one crazy ride.
God gave me a passion for adoption, adoptees and their heritage and blessed me with the Hug Away Foundation to pursue that passion. When Hug Away became a non-profit the goal was to educate people and the community about adoption, when funds were available issue grants to help with the cost of adoption and help the orphans who could not be adopted. At the request of a whole lot of folks we are looking at other avenues for adoptees. The foundation has a great team working on this and so far the response has been more than we could have ever imagined. God is so good. If you are faithful to His call on your life He will bless you. It may not be easy but in His perfect time He will make it happen. Our goal is not about making money or noteriety but to focus on God and His desire for all the lives we will touch through the foundation.

No comments: