Monday, November 5, 2012

Seasons of Life

In every one's life we go through seasons. Some seasons are harder than others. This is a hard season for my family. If Satan was trying to get our attention he did a fine job! For every season of life God lays a scripture on my heart. Whatever that scripture is, it gets me through that season.

When I first became a Christian my scripture was Philippians 3:14. Through seasons when I didn't think I would make it through God placed Philippians 4:13. Through seasons when I wanted to unleash on someone God laid on my heart Proverbs 3:5. When I wasn't sure if I should close the doors to Hug Away and asked God for an answer He gave me Revelation 3:8 and when I was taking my first team to Ethiopia and it looked like we weren't going to make it God gave me Romans 8:28. Notice I am not writing out the scripture? It is good, if you desire, to look up each scripture on your own then you will know right where it's at!

So like I said our family is under attack and yes we have been praying, and yes we believe that we will get through this but God knew I needed a word from Him. Honestly when I first read this I thought "what has this got to do with anything we are going through now?" I read it over and over and then I knew why He, the one who already has the answer to our prayers gave me this scripture. This one I will give you :)

1 Corinthians 13

13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.



I took this picture last year before a big storm hit. It represents how I feel in the midst of this season. I have moments of hope even though I know a storm is coming. Some days the hope wins and others the storm. And when the storm is winning I am not great to be around and I am not acting or speaking in love. Not good.

So how you ask does this scripture speak to my heart? Well... who ever I am around  believers or non-believers and I do not speak or act in love then I am not doing much good here. In other words I can't choose to walk the walk whenever I want to. It has to be seen in everything I do and say. And when your family and life as you know it is being attacked this is when you have to dig deep and find the strength God will give you.

So you see how I choose to handle this season  means everything and that is why I choose to handle it with love. God doesn't force me to that is the great thing, I do so because I want to and I know that is His desire for me. God will handle the rest. This doesn't mean I won't have bad days or small doubts or that I won't cry and wonder why, after all I am human. It is those times  I will go back to Proverbs 3:5! All I know He has never let me down, even when His answer wasn't what I wanted. He knows best.

No comments: