Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Lesson on Being Grateful

Even a Christian like me who is past the milk and honey stage and into the meat of the Bible can learn a lesson that we should already know. This week my middle son reminded me the meaning of being grateful.
Without going into details my son has been thrown a unexpected, uncalled for devastating blow. It has rocked his world and taken a emotional toll on him.
I have prayed and asked my prayer warriors to pray for him and this situation. I asked God to please just give him a glimmer of hope.  God I know you are working on this but I am not sure he knows. Maybe if he could see just one thing go his way he would smile again.
The other day he was going to get some answers to this situation. When my husband text me the results I was furious and for the first time in my Christian life I was angry with God. All I asked for was one little glimmer of hope and this is what happens? Why? Why God? How much more does he have to go through?
I couldn't believe I was so angry with God! I didn't like this feeling...at all.
A little later I received a text from my son. He was so grateful for the small thing that did go his way. He didn't see the injustice only the fact that he had been given this one glimmer of hope. gulp. It wasn't what I had "hoped" for but it was what I had asked God for. A glimmer of hope. And it made my son smile for the first time in a very long time.
This momma had some soul searching to do and had to ask the God she loves more than life to please forgive her for ever doubting or questioning Him. I guess sometimes our love for our kids blinds us. That's my story and I am sticking to it!
Next time I will look at the situation and what God is doing instead of what I think He isn't doing.
Lesson on Being Grateful...Check!

No comments: