Monday, July 4, 2011

America

I was watching ESPN with my husband the other night. They were talking about a salary dispute and how some player was only going to get like 20 million instead of some other crazy amount of money to play ball. I can't tell you how badly that upsets me! Seriously? We have people starving in America, not able to afford our outrageous insurance premiums so they can go to the doctor and we idolize a sports figure so much that they get paid millions of dollars a year to play a sport.
My youngest son is a Marine and he makes close to poverty level. On top of that he HAS to have a couple of 100 dollars a month taken out of his check for the chow hall weather he eats there or not. And he has to pay for other things I think the military should provide for them. Not just him all our men and women who serve in the military. Why? because America is broke! We can't provide for our men and women who choose to fight and die for our freedom but we can sure pay an actor or sports figure or a CEO millions of dollars every year because that is how as Americans we base our priorities. We pay ridiculous amounts of money to go to ballgames, movies and buy all the products that they sell so they keep jacking up the prices.
See, those actors and sports figures are thrown in our face 24 hours a day 7 days a week. But those who fight and die for our freedom, the unsung hero's are pushed way down the priority pole. Oh sure once in a while like Memorial Day, Veterans Day the 4th of July we will see a TV special to remind us they are still out there. And if the President or some higher up decides to visit them at a base or wherever in the world the are fighting to give them a 'atta boy' you will see them on the news. But how often are we reminded everyday that there ARE men and women fighting to keep America free? They are the ones who should be paid millions of dollars a year because without them you wouldn't have your actors, sports stars, freedom of speech (don't get me gong on that one!) freedom of religion and everything else we take for granted every single day of our lives.that we do every day.
My prayer is that America gets back in to the grace of the one true God. Our God is a gentleman. If He is not invited He will not show up. We have used our freedom we have to push Him out of our schools, our government, our homes and out of America. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look back and see how America has gone down hill since we began pushing God out.It is what it is.
 Yes, we have the freedom to choose our religion and the freedom to believe or not believe in God. And we have the freedom to do whatever we LEGALLY want to do. So why don't we as Americans stand up and do what's right? We have men and women fighting and dying every day for us. As I type this somewhere in a war zone there is a young man who just graduated from High School and he is scared! But he will not let any of the men he is fighting with know this. Truth is they are all scared, who wouldn't be. But they are doing all of this for America. They are doing this for you and for me.
We have been blessed, our son will soon be coming home for good! Sadly, there areto many families who can't say that. To those who have lost anyone in war or because of war I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you.  I can't even begin to imagine the heartache and loss you feel. I know it doesn't make the pain less but I want to say to you that myself and many others are humbled and grateful that your loved one fought for our freedom. We will never take it for granted!
God Bless those who fight for us and may God Bless America! 

 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.
    Be strong (confident) and of good courage, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.   Joshua 1:5-6

No comments: