Saturday, June 26, 2010

Crashing waves

This morning I got up early and took a walk on the beach. I am a beach person. I love body surfing and helping my girls dig for shells. But my favorite thing about the beach is when you look out at the ocean it seems to never end and it holds so much life in it! Fish, sharks, whales, dolphins, little sea creatures. How amazing is that? One of my favorite things to do is get up early and walk the beach. The tide is high and the waves are just crashing in. At times they almost seem angry, yet the sound of those same angry crashing waves can be soothing.
I am dealing with a lot of things right now.It seems I take two steps forward in areas and then bam! 10 steps back. So I went for a walk this morning to be alone with God. Like most on vacation I left my bible at home. When I am gone for a long time I will bring it but since this was just a few days I "chose" to leave it at home because I wouldn't need it. hmm..
I am walking along the beach and watching those beautiful waves with their angry force crash the shore and all of the sudden I see this jellyfish...thank goodness I saw it because I had my flip flops in my hand and they hurt when they sting!
I watched as each wave that came in either took the jellyfish with it or pushed it back on the shore leaving it to struggle. Each time as the waves left it further and further inland and it was getting harder and harder for the waves to reach it. The poor thing was struggling. When possible I will do everything in my power to save anyone or anything from suffering, but this time something stopped me. It was God. There was a lesson to be learned here. As I watched this poor thing struggle and was getting ready to find a big stick and push him back towards the water, just when I thought there was no hope hear comes a huge wave and it carries the jellyfish safely back home.
This morning God chose to speak to me through the waves and a jellyfish. He does that a lot you know. It is up to you to be tuned in! We may choose to leave our bibles for a few days but He will find a way to reach us.
Today He showed me that even though I am struggling right now and will off and on during my life, we all will. And I would love to "help" everyone I love because I don't want to see them suffer, He is there...always. Sometimes He needs to sound like a loud crashing wave to get our attention but when we think we can't take it anymore, when we have been pushed as far as "we" think we can go, He will gently talk to us and let us know He is carrying us and our burdens and that He will never leaves us alone....ever. This doesn't mean we will never struggle, that the ones we love will never hurt. It means that God for those of us who believe will always take care of us...always. His grace is sufficient
We are all kind of like that jellyfish. We are trying to make it in a world that seems to fight us on everything. And when the world has pushed us to the point of what we think is no return. Our true God the one who made the jellyfish of the world will come and show everyone else like a loud crashing wave who is in charge.

Rom 8:37............ "Yet in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."


No comments: